Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Creative design with Yahoo! News

After Sarah Palin's speech to the Republican National Convention, I noticed that the front-page headline on Yahoo! News went from "Palin bashes community organizers, Obama campaign" to "Palin dubbed 'Rock Star' of RNC" in less than five minutes. I was willing to give Yahoo! the benefit of the doubt, write it off as a fluke, until the following image appeared on the page today (emphasis is my own.)



*slow clap*

Yahoo managed to turn a fluff piece on fashion sense into an (at first glance) expose on Fer "Notorious for Her Drug Abuse" Gie and Michelle "Not Tyra Banks" Obama shooting up in an alley on the south side of Chicago. Does anyone say "high marks" anymore? Wasn't there room for the word "marks" on the first line? No and yes, respectively.

Funny, since Michelle isn't the addict involved in this year's election.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

I love this one. First they want to tote Michelle as a high flutin' snob who discriminates against, 'whitey' and now she is a drug addict. This is one part of political elections that I hate. I know that candidates are responsible to an extent to have some concern of their public/private lives (even that is debatable about how much should be talked about) and their wives are going to have some influence being wives but really. I find Michelle Obama to be a very competent, beautiful and intelligent woman and it bothers me that in trying to bring Obama down they turn to her. Cindy McCain (who is also admirable) is not viewed in a similar manner I believe aside from talks about how much money the McCain family has, a lot of which is hers (but that is more of a legitimate question in terms of looking at policy I believe). Sigh...headlines...